Monday, January 27, 2014

Dunkin' Donuts Iced Coffee

If you spend any amount of time around me, discussing coffee, then you'll quickly note a certain disdain for big names.  My dislike of corporate America doesn't stop at coffee, but one would worry that it may taint my view of a beverage.  Dunkin' has proven that worry to be unfounded.

While I love their coffee hot and black, they are one of the few coffees that I will drink iced.  To a large iced I add skim milk and a couple of packets of sweetener, it's it's lovely.  I will drink black coffee cold or at room temperature, but it's much better with something to cut it a bit.

It's very smooth, with just a bit of a kick of caffeine, probably a bit less than my usual gas station variety, but it makes up for the lack of energy boost through sheer flavor.  This stuff is good.  Really good.  If you're new to coffee and want something that's not scary, try this.  They'll add other flavors to it for you too if you're scared.  I've been pulling a lot of late shifts at work, followed by having to be up very early in the morning lately, and this is what's keeping me alive--an iced coffee whenever I can get one on the way n the morning.  The milder kick keeps me alert, but not so awake that I can't sleep a bit later in the day if I get the opportunity.  ...Then again, I'm a hardcore caffeine addict, so results may vary.

Bottom Line:




(a little more caffeine and it'd be perfect)

No comments:

Post a Comment