Monday, January 13, 2014

Seattle's Best Level 4

Late again, but the last few weeks have been crazy busy for me.  I'm actually glad I haven't had a chance to sit down and write this until now, otherwise you'd be waiting until next week to hear about this coffee.

I had to run my stepmom to the hospital for physical therapy today, and was rewarded with coffee.  I will always see coffee as a reward. It's a better treat than chocolate for me most days.  I know hospitals have changed from when I was a kid, because this one had a little coffee bar with bagels, delicious looking muffins, and coffee.  While she opted for an iced, I like my coffee black (as you should all know by now), so I got a large cup and wandered over to the self serve side.

There were quite a few options, but seeing as how I'm a seasoned veteran when it comes to coffee, I went for the strongest they had to offer.  The strongest was this, Seattle's Best, Level 4.  I never knew coffee could level up!  All kidding aside, it was a very strong coffee.  After waiting a bit for it to cool down, I could tell this from the first sip.  While it tasted faintly of the paper cup it was served in, but was also rich, dark, and not nearly as bitter as I'm used to.  Still, it was the kind of strong that I like.  I'm usually half, mostly, or completely asleep by this time of day, but right now I have a case of the wonderfuls.  I can't remember the last time that caffeine actually gave me that feeling of having had caffeine, so I'm a little over the top in my happiness right now.

If you're looking for a good amount of caffeine in something that still goes down smooth, even black, this is a good route to take.  This brought me back to my early days of caffeine.  While not perfect, for a commercial produced coffee, this is absolutely fantastic and it comes with a high recommendation from yours truly.  My only complaint, is that apparently, it could have been a little bit stronger.  A bit of an online search tells me there's a level five...I have a feeling a trip to the grocery store may be in order.


Bottom Line:

No comments:

Post a Comment