Thursday, January 30, 2014

Taylors After Dark

Variables:
Little bit too much whitener
Sweeteners
Same cup as has been used for different Coffee

I had great expectations for this Coffee. It's proper, brand, Coffee after all. I may have experienced a glimpse of trepidation when I realised it was a 5 on a 1-6 darkness scale, but my hopes were still high. A personal preference for medium roast can't count that strongly, right?

Before even tasting the first sip, my partner told me it was very nice Coffee. He drinks his hotter than I do, you see. He called it "smooth". I took that first sip and he was definitely right. After all the other Coffees I've been reviewing, this was a very pleasant surprise.

Now, I'm not great with adjectives, and I don't do well with the "hint of oak" style of reviewing. But this Coffee is lovely. I'm sticking with the "smooth" descriptor and although I can taste that it is, in fact, a dark roast, I love it.

Something to be said for brand Coffee.

At its price (£3 on sale) it's not the cheapest thing out there, but it's not super expensive either. I couldn't afford to switch to this exclusively, given how much I drink, but it's nice for an occasional treat. This goes on my list of Nice but Affordable Coffees.

No comments:

Post a Comment