Monday, December 9, 2013

Dilettante--Espresso Beans in Premium Chocolate

The Snob loves her coffee, she loves it so much, in fact, that she even likes to EAT it.  The hard part is peeling off those pesky chocolate shells, so she just grins and bears it and eats those along with the lovely espresso beans.

In all seriousness, sometimes a girl craves chocolate, and chocolate coated espresso beans are my go to chocolate (unless there are chocolate turtles available, then all best are off).  Usually I prefer to go straight for the dark chocolate coated ones that I'd get in the bulk bins at a gourmet grocer (yes, I mean the all organic and oh so fantastic ones).

Sometimes though, you want something cheap, tasty, and still good.  That's where these are fantastic.  You can get them at Wal-Mart (and if you're states side, you know what this place is) and they're only a few bucks for a bag--look in your candy aisle on the top shelf, that's where they are in every single Wal-Mart I've ever been too.

Every bag has a combination of dark chocolate, white chocolate, and milk chocolate coated beans.  The chocolate coating is much more generous than most varieties of espresso beans too--a LOT of chocolate around every single bean.  The chocolate isn't what I'd call premium, but it's a huge step above the candy bars you buy in the check out line.  The beans inside are tasty, and while it's very much sweeter than what I usually go for, it really hits the spot and cures my chocolate craving--along with giving me a lovely caffeine spike!

Bottom Line:

No comments:

Post a Comment